In my family, we all love Thai food. Whenever we go out to eat our first preference unanimously is always Thai. With the current lockdown in place and all restaurants being closed we were desperately missing eating at our favourite Thai joint.
Have made chinese dishes many times but never tried Thai. So my first trial with Thai had to be an easy and simple one. After going through a lot of recipes I found the one I could immediately relate to… an easy peasy one 😉
Ready in 10 mins with almost all ingredients available in your kitchen. My trial was a super duper hit at home.
- 500g prawns / shrimp
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 5 garlic cloves very finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp chilli flakes ( adjust according to your taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp Sriracha or red chilli sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce (if possible use 1 tsp dark and 1tsp light soy)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions , finely sliced
- Red chillies finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add half the prawns and let them cook for about 45 seconds on each side until golden, then remove into a bowl. Repeat the procedure with the remaining prawns.
- Now turn down the heat to medium and add the sesame oil.
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli flakes and cook until garlic turns golden.
- Add water, Sriracha or red chilli sauce, soy sauce and sugar, Stir, increase heat to medium high, and let it simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken to a thin syrup consistency.
- Add the prawns into the pan and toss to coat in sauce and reheat. Cook for 2 minutes until sauce is reduced and coats the prawns nicely.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh chilli and shallots if desired. Serve with steamed rice.
Do try this recipe and drop me a comment if you like it.