On the weekend while grocery shopping I found some really fresh Lychees. Kids love the fruit as is but I am not a big fan so thought of turning it up into something interesting. Browsed a few recipes and decided to try the popular Mishti Doi but with Lychees in it. I love experimenting with my food and it feels so good when your experiment turns out a big hit. I hadn’t even made the normal Mishti Doi earlier so it was a first time me making it.
A fruity dessert made with lychees and yoghurt is the perfect way to sweeten up the mood 😊 and also make yourself feel a little less guilty as yogurt and fruits are good for health 😉
Getting on to the recipe…
10-12 lychees, peeled and deseeded
1 cup yogurt
1/2 – 3/4th cup condensed milk (you can adjust the sweetness as per your taste)
3/4th cup fresh cream
8-10 pistachios, blanched, peeled and slivered
1. Preheat the temperature at 160˚C.
2. Add lychees in a blender jar and blend coarsely.
3. Take a cup of yogurt in a large bowl and add condensed milk, fresh cream and the prepared lychee paste. Whisk everything until well combined.
4. Transfer into shot glasses or any small glasses till 3/4th filled and cover each glass with aluminium foil. Place them on a baking tray. Pour a glass of water into the baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
5. Take the glasses out of the oven and allow them to cool completely.
6. Garnish with a lychee and pistachios. Enjoy it chilled.