Chocolate is something which is enjoyed and loved by all generations. It is enjoyed in various forms and Nutella is one of the most popular forms of enjoying chocolate.
My son is a big Nutella fan and somehow every time I buy Nutella I am not really convinced as I am not sure of the ingredients that really go in it. Also I am not very fond of palm oil, which is a common ingredient in the store bought one. So I always wanted to try this popular treat at home. Finally I made it and I am very happy with the result and hence sharing the recipe with you all. So all those who love Nutella can try this recipe and make your own healthy Nutella at home 🙂
1 cup hazelnuts
2 tablespoons oil (I have used Coconut oil here. You could also use canola or Vegetable or Hazelnut oil )
1/2 Cup Sugar ( I used brown sugar. If you are using refined sugar adjust the amount according to your taste)
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) If you have unroasted hazelnuts, you will have to roast them either in the oven or on pan. I used store bought roasted and peeled Hazelnuts but still I roasted them for a couple of minutes on the pan.
2) If you have Hazelnuts with the skin then this step is very important. Put hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub together so that skin peels off. Try to rub off remaining skin with your fingers as much as possible.
3) Place hazelnuts in food processor and blend them for one minute. After blending for a minute, it will look something like a Hazelnut meal. Nicely scrape down bowl and blend for another minute. Scrape and blend again for another minute, for a total of 3-4 minutes.
4) Add the oil and vanilla and blend for about 30 seconds.
5) Add sugar, cocoa powder and salt and blend for another 30 seconds.
6) You can stop and check at this point and you’ll have a nutella that tastes great, is healthier and has a slightly more grainy texture. than the store bought one.
Enjoy it with fresh fruits or bread or any other way you love 🙂 I instantly used it for making puff pastry dessert 😍