When I first moved to Australia, I didn’t know anything about baking at all. An Aussie friend first shared her brownie and chocolate cookies recipe with me. That’s when I actually started exploring baking. Back home we always bought cake from the cake shop. Never felt like baking one 🙂 So when we moved here and I had to bake a cake for my son’s birthday, I was really stressed. Went through many recipes trying to find an easy one. Finally ended up baking a cake but wasn’t really great though my 5 year old was happy 🙂 Now I love baking, though still not an expert I can safely say I am not bad either 😉 I keep trying new recipes, love my breads, my fam loves my cakes though I still am not great at them and I still get nervous every time I have to bake a birthday cake 😉
While I love to explore my baking skills, my husband loves his cake rusk. Whenever we go to the Indian store he never forgets buying a pack of cake rusk.
So baking Cake rusk had been on my mind for long and I finally tried out today. Must say it turned out awesome and is definitely a keeper. Someone at home is going to be super impressed by me today 😉
Check out the recipe…
100 gm Butter (Make sure its at room temperature)
1/2 Cup Sugar
3 Large Eggs (at room temperature)
1 Cup Plain flour
1 ½ Tsp Baking powder
1 Tsp Vanilla essence
1. Whisk the butter and sugar till it is nice and soft.
2. Add one egg at a time as you mix until smooth.
3. Add vanilla essence and sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl.
4. Fold in the flour until smoothly incorporated with the wet ingredients.
5. Transfer onto a baking pan and bake at 180 ºC for 35 minutes.
6. Allow the cake to cook before you cut into rectangular shape.
7. Bake the cut-out pieces for another 20-25 minutes at 180 ºC. Flip it once at half time.
8. Let it cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Enjoy it with hot tea and don’t forget to drop me a message when you try it 🙂