So it was India’s 74th Independence Day yesterday. And Indians all over the world celebrated it in various ways. Foodies like me certainly expressed their gratitude through their food. All I could see was the tricolour in various forms of food 😉 I wouldn’t have been at peace had I not created the tricolour in my way 🙂 So my lunch actually did have all the three colours but I was still not satisfied… I wanted to make something that was easy and not time consuming….and to my rescue came this simple recipe which i found very handy. I had all that was needed and in no time my muffins were ready 😉 They turned out nice and soft and moist and everything yummy 😉
I used edible food colours as I wanted to symbolize the the Indian flag in my muffins 😉 You can leave it plain if you don’t want to use food colours.
Semolina – 1.5 cup
Oil – 1/3 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup ( If you like it less sweet you can reduce the amount of sugar as per your taste)
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/3 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Edible food colours Green, Orange
1. In a bowl add all ingredients except baking soda, baking powder and the food colours.
2. Mix everything to prepare the batter and rest for 15-20 min.
3. Preheat the oven.
4. Add baking powder along with baking soda and mix well. Divide the batter in 3 equal portions. Add the green and orange colour in 2 batter portions.
5. Grease muffin cups and layer the 3 coloured batter in it. Green colour batter at base, then white and then orange.
6. Tap all the muffin cups and place in preheated oven. Bake at 180 degrees for 25 min. Check with a toothpick if muffins are ready, then remove from the oven and let it cool completely before gobbling them up 🙂