Life has become so mundane these days due to the current uncertain times that there is hardly any excitement to look forward to. Just thought of adding some fun to the boring life by participating in the AtoZChallenge. A lot of my friends were doing this challenge on some facebook groups and though I was motivated to take up the challenge, I was a little skeptical initially as wasn’t sure if I would be able to make it, I mean thinking about a new item everyday that too alphabetically 😜
So here I am on the seventh day of the challenge and doing good so far. Kids are happy that they get to eat something exciting everyday. Also I must mention they are enjoying clicking pictures. So today I am on alphabet G and couldn’t think of anything better and easier than Garlic bread. Just added a twist by twisting them into knots 😉 Everyone loves it at home.
For the Bread
- 1/4 Cup Lukewarm water
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Yeast
- 1 Cup Plain flour
- 1 Tbsp Milk powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Oil
For Garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Garlic (finely minced)
- 1/4th Tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4 Cup coriander (finely chopped)
For Garlic Paste
- Add butter to a hot pan and let it melt.
- Then add minced garlic, chilli flakes and coriander to it and mix well.
For the bread
- Add sugar and yeast to lukewarm water. Mix it well and let it rest for 10 mins.
- In a bowl, take a cup of plain flour. Add salt and milk powder and mix it.
- Then add the yeast mixture mix it well.
- Knead it to a soft dough. It will be a little messy but keep kneading it for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the dough comes together, grease it with oil.
- Tuck the dough and cover it with a cling wrap.
- Let it prove for an hour.
- After an hour, sprinkle some flour and knead the dough for 10 more minutes
- Divide it in two portions.
- Cut one portion in equal sized portions.
- Sprinkle some flour and roll it into a long tube.
- Fold it to make a knot, place it on a baking tray and leave it for 1/2 an hour.
- Apply some butter and garlic paste that we prepared and bake it at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Apply the garlic paste to hot bread knots.
- Super soft Garlic knots are ready.
This is a super easy and simple recipe. Only it takes time for the dough to prove. So if you have some time on hand and want to try these out…. go ahead and make them quickly. Mine are over already 😍
Special mention – All the pics of these cute Garlic knots have been clicked by my daughter dearest