Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert and also one of my most favourites. It is a very rich dessert made of sponge ladyfingers dipped in coffee and layered with Mascarpone cheese along with cream and other ingredients. Tiramisu simply means Pick Me Up 😉 Real to its meaning, its so tempting that who wouldn’t pick it up 🙂
As much as I love the authentic Tiramisu, I always like to make my own twists and experiment with flavours.
Had been long I made Tiramisu. As I had all the necessary ingredients at home decided to make it… so here’s presenting my classic Indo Italian fusion of the Tiramisu.
Also I recently made Masala milk powder at home and decided to use it in this recipe. Will add the Masala Milk Powder recipe too here.
Masala Milk Powder Ingredients:
2 tbsp Cashews
2 tbsp Almonds
1 tbsp Pistachios
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
Method: – In a mixer grinder add cashews, pistachios & almonds.
Grind everything to a coarse powder. – Remove it in a bowl. Add cardamom powder & saffron.
Mix well. – Milk Masala Powder is ready.
Ingredients for Tiramisu:
1 pack of Sponge Ladyfingers (also known as Savoiardi / Boudoir biscuits)
1 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
1 Cup heavy or thickened whipping cream
1/4th – 1/2 cup condensed milk or 1/3rd cup sugar (Adjust the sugar as per your preference)
1 Cup Saffron milk ( Milk boiled with saffron)
2-3 tbsp Masala Milk Powder
Crushed Pistachio for garnishing.
- Add some strands of saffron to 1 cup of milk and bring it to a boil. Let it boil on low flame for 4-5 min. Then turn off the gas and let it cool down.
- In a big bowl take 1 cup chilled whipping cream and beat it nicely until soft peaks form. Add sugar or condensed milk and beat it well until combined.
- Add in the Mascarpone cheese and the Milk Masala powder and continue to whip to stiff peaks.
- Take a 8×8 pan or any pan you like to assemble the Tiramisu.
- Now take dip the lady fingers in the saffron milk and place them in the pan, making the first layer.
- Then spread half of the whipped cream mixture on top of the first layer of lady fingers. Repeat the process with a second layer of lady fingers and the whipped cream.
- Gently even the top layer of cream and sprinkle some crushed or slivered pistachios for garnish.
- Refrigerate it for 4-6 hours or overnight for best result.
Note: This is not the authentic Italian Tiramisu recipe. Tiramisu is made in various versions all over the world. This is my version of Tiramisu with an Indian touch to it.
You can also add few drops of Rasmalai / Rose essence and it will simply give the dish an amazing uplift.